The UK FMD Working Group for Community Pharmacy brings together the main pharmacy bodies representing community pharmacy to influence and inform the implementation of FMD in the UK.
It meets regularly with IT system suppliers, NHS Digital, the Department of Health and Social Care, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the General Pharmaceutical Council to discuss how FMD will operate in UK pharmacies and to seek practical and pragmatic solutions for its implementation.
The group has members from the following organisations:
- National Pharmacy Association
- Association of Independent Multiple Pharmacies
- Company Chemists’ Association
- Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee
- Community Pharmacy Wales
- Community Pharmacy Scotland
- Community Pharmacy Northern Ireland
The group is chaired by Raj Patel, independent community pharmacist and Board Member of the National Pharmacy Association.